[mapguide-users] Re: Layer Rule not Rendering at Assigned Layer

GIS4U johnniegis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 13:48:00 EDT 2011

Well it certainly sounds like you are doing the right things...
Unfortunately, though it means that your analysis may be entirely correct in
that the join between the shapefile and the database is just too slow to
display the color coding when zoomed out.
 Don't know what tools you have access to and what your join looks like but
you may want to make sure that there are indexes on join columns and filter
columns (in both the database and shape) to ensure the fastest possible
response. As well, if you can create a view in your database with the
minimal columns required for the theming that may help some too.
 Since I am assuming you are using unmanaged data sources (ie not load
procedures), do you have any way to generalize the shape polygons to make
the processing simpler?
Jonathon