[mapguide-users] MapGuide Maestro 3.0 beta 1 now available
jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 08:44:32 EST 2011
After 10 months of on/off development, I am happy to announce the 1st beta
release of MapGuide Maestro 3.0:
First thing to remember is that this is a beta release. This release should
be used for testing purposes and feedback. Use for production purposes at
your own risk.
Some of the new stuff (from Test Build 4):
- Implemented specialized GDAL raster feature source editor
- Implemented specialized ODBC feature source editor
- Implemented widget management for Fusion editor
- Implemented Raster Layer Editor (ported over from 2.x)
- Add support for viewing Feature Source cache information (via the
GETFDOCACHEINFO mapagent call)
These newly implemented features require some extensive testing, especially
As I've mentioned with previous test builds, some general notes when testing
- Found a bug? Ask yourself: Did this bug exist in Maestro 2.x, and hence
is a known problem?
- Similarly, that Maestro 2.x issue you filed in Trac some time ago: Has it
been fixed or successfully worked around with this release?
- So generally speaking, it really helps to have an existing installation
of Maestro 2.x on hand (current release being 2.1.4) as a baseline
comparison to whether something has been fixed or broken.
- Filed an issue under the previous test build or beta? Did this release
fix this issue for you?
- All existing Maestro tickets will be re-targeted to the maestro-3.0
- Something breaks when running in Mono? It helps to specify the expected
behaviour when running in Windows. Screenshots help as well. Also indicate
the version of Mono
View this message in context: http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/MapGuide-Maestro-3-0-beta-1-now-available-tp6125249p6125249.html
Sent from the MapGuide Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the mapguide-users