[mapguide-users] Unable to compile MGOS 2.2 on Linux (newbie)

ar_gaeta ar_gaeta at yahoo.it
Thu Mar 24 05:40:35 EDT 2011

Hi,
I have some problems to compile from source the MGOS 2.2 in Linux, both
Fedora 12 and Ubuntu 10.

I don't know, there are lot of months I try to install it from source, but
without success.

I follow the guide here:
http://mapguide.osgeo.org/1.2/docs/BuildConfigureMgOpenSourceOnLinux/Index.html

The Apache seems to work, also TOmcat, I've installed FDO 3.5 from rpm taken
from MGE. I wasn't also able to compile FDO from source, is for that I've
taken it from MGE.

But at the end, I must install MGOS. I stop at the command "make". It gives
me this error (last significant lines):

`-mcpu=' is deprecated. Use `-mtune=' or '-march=' instead.
In file included from UnicodeString.cpp:19:
UnicodeString.h: In static member function ‘static int
std::unicode_traits<_Char>::eof()’:
UnicodeString.h:129: error: ‘EOF’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [UnicodeString.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/MgDev/Common/MdfModel'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/MgDev/Common'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

What can I do? Are there some rpm or packages to install MGOS in a more
simply way? Some of you cam help me to install MGOS on Linux?? Maybe do you
have all the program in a zip file...I don't know, I'm desperate...

Thanks very much.

Riccardo