[mapguide-users] How to connect MapGuide Open Source Server (2.1) to MS SQL 2008 Server DB?

Leendert Ramaer leendert_r at hotmail.com
Wed May 4 06:18:59 EDT 2011

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the tip to try Maestro, Andrea..

We installed the newest version of Mapguide Maestro.. (3.0)
In Maestro we made the connection with the webserver..
also with the database server.
So we can serve data in layers in our AJAX Viewer.. yes..

But how can you add a i.e. openstreetmap to the map?

1. What is the Feature Source you have to create while clicking the 'New resource' button?

    Is it the Web Layout (v1.0.0) template?
    If yes, what should we fill in at General Settings? (Openstreetmap.org as Hyperlink?)

2.  Or should we create a Vector Layer/Raster Layer Definition?

 Thanks in advance,

regards,
Leendert