[mapguide-users] ODBC Connection

Von Barth, Peter Peter.vonBarth at eon.se
Thu May 12 06:03:47 EDT 2011

Hi!
I recently upgraded to MapGuide 2.2 and Maestro 3 final.
In many of my  applications set up in 2.1 I have connections to access databases connected via the FDO provider for ODBC.
These connections no longer work in 2.2. when trying to make a new connection I get the following message:

The remote server returned an error: (559) MgFdoException.:
An exception occurred in FDO component.
RDBMS: No current open database.
I've tried Managed connection
ConnectionString="Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=%MG_DATA_FILE_PATH%ABB_stationer.mdb".

The unmanaged connection doesn´t seem to be working at all in maestro 3. Unable to click the icon and show alias folder connections.

I have mapguide running on a Windows 64 2003 Enterprise server.
When I tried the same procedure in my home computer installed localhost the ODBC connection worked fine in 2.2
Does anyone have an idea?
Med vänliga hälsningar//
Peter von Barth  GIS-Analytiker
E.ON Elnät Sverige AB