[mapguide-users] Re: 64bit dlls not working

frosty1_4me kbowman at cityofgp.com
Wed May 18 13:20:32 EDT 2011

Thatnks for the responses, it's much appreciated.

I think Gord is exactly right, there is something wrong with the 64bit
dll's.   The MGE application was not only giving some very odd behaviors on
the 64bit server, but I couldn't even get it to compile in VS.  The errors I
experienced with the 64 bit dlls on my local pc really didn't make much
sense.

One thing I did notice in the Object Browser within VS is that I was unable
to drill down into the OSGeo assemblies to see the libraries within them
(except the OSGeo.MapGuide.Geometry.dll).  I still cannot do that with the
MapGuideDotNetApi.dll, but I now can with the OSGeo dlls.  That is very odd
behavior for those 64bit dlls.

After referencing the 32bit dlls, I can now access and view the OSGeo dlls
in the Object Browser of VS which I couldn't previously do.  I have the
project now compiling with the 32bit dlls and no errors.

There is definitely something wrong with the 64bit version.