[mapguide-users] Client side way to get FEATID's from FDO?

tmblackflag steve.calpoly at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 20:18:12 EST 2011

hello,

I have a user requirement to allow the moving of FDO lines and points. I am
currently doing this by getting SelectionXML client side, posting to the
server and then running this the code below. Performance is very slow to use
the feature reader and then run a separate update statement in the database.
Is there any quicker way to get the FeatID of the current selection on
client side?

   InitializeWebTier();

        MgUserInformation userInfo = new MgUserInformation(mgSessionId);
        MgSiteConnection siteConnection = new MgSiteConnection();
        siteConnection.Open(userInfo);

        MgResourceService resService =
(MgResourceService)siteConnection.CreateService(MgServiceType.ResourceService);
        MgFeatureService featureService =
(MgFeatureService)siteConnection.CreateService(MgServiceType.FeatureService);

        MgMap map = new MgMap();
        map.Open(resService, mapName);

        //get FEATID information for selected feature (point)
        MgSelection selection = new MgSelection(map, selectionXML);
        MgLayer layer = (MgLayer)map.GetLayers().GetItem("Markup");
        string strLayerClassName = layer.GetFeatureClassName();
        string strSelection = selection.GenerateFilter(layer,
strLayerClassName);
        MgFeatureQueryOptions nameQuery = new MgFeatureQueryOptions();
        nameQuery.SetFilter(strSelection);
        MgResourceIdentifier resID = new
MgResourceIdentifier("Library://DATA CONNECTIONS/My.FeatureSource");
        MgFeatureReader featureReader = featureService.SelectFeatures(resID,
strLayerClassName, nameQuery);
        string strFeatID;
        if (featureReader.ReadNext())
        {
            strFeatID = featureReader.GetInt64("FEATID").ToString();
        }