[mapguide-users] Tooltip - Display info from all (above) map layers

ddriver drunkdriv3r at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 03:44:44 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

What I want to do is display the information from all the map layers in the
tooltip. I know that this would work only "one-way", from lower-level layers
to higher level, because if you're on a higher level you can't see the lower
level features.

Here's an example, to clarify: let's say the map has two layers.

If my zoom level only allows me to see only the top layer, with its
features, then the tooltip will act like it acts now, displaying only the
feature info from the top layer. (let's say the info displayed is "Zone: A")

If I zoom in a little bit more and now I can see the features from the
second layer, I want the tooltip to display the feature info from this
second layer PLUS the feature info from the previous (top) layer. So the
result would be, for example "Building ID: 145, Name: Pet Shop, Zone: A".

So "Zone: A" would be the extra bit of information added to the tool tip.

Has anyone done this before? Or do you have any tips on a good place to
start? Like the place where the text inside the tooltip gets built..

I'm using MapGuide 2.1, Apache, PHP