SV: [mapguide-users] Error: Failed to stylize layer: An exception occurred in FDO component. Connect failed

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Thu Oct 27 04:24:46 EDT 2011

I might have found the error. The file is located in a folder named "Århus" where Å is a Danish letter. I tried to rename the folder to "Aarhus" and then I can add/view the layer correctly.
Seems that the OGRProvider in FDO3.6 does not support Unicode/none ASCII characters in the path name. But FDO 3.5 and earlier worked with no problem.
The clue was the OGRInfo tool as it writes the Å character as ┼ which is a classic character conversion error.

I will rename my files/folders with to ASCII characters, setup all my layers and see if that works.

Hans...