[mapguide-users] Problem with SQL connection

sidecar5 shoemark.peter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 18:41:48 PDT 2012

Hi, can someone give me some guidance with a SQL connection please?

I am using 2.4 RC1 MG and 5.03b Maestro, SQL Express 2008 r2, Win 7 x86.

Database details
Lap-01\SQLEXPRESS db SPATIAL_01 (The Service name under Computer Management
-> Services is 'MapGuideServer2.4')
user: Administrator
pwd: admin

Working through the samples, I can get most things to happen with a bit of
experimenting here and there but I just dont seem able to make the 'Add
Data' bit to work in Maestro for SQL.

The steps I'm taking are;
Data -> New Resource -> Feature Source -> Add -> MS SQL Server Spatial
Provider........then failure that i will post *but* before I get to that,
can someone tell me am I correct in entering on the SQL Server Spatial
Feature Source page,

Service:     MapGuideServer2.4
Username:  Administrator
Password:  admin

or should the service name be something else??

Cheers, peter