[mapguide-users] MGOS - DWG / DXF

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Wed Aug 29 10:04:02 PDT 2012

If you are using the Teigha libraries from the Open Design Alliance "ODA" for internal use only, ie. not selling or distributing applications, an Associate Membership will give you access to the libraries.  Higher level memberships in ODA also grant redistribution rights.

http://www.opendesign.com/Associate  Cost is $250 USD for the first year and a $100 renewal in subsequent years.
http://www.opendesign.com/Sustaining Cost is $5000 1st yr/$3000 renewal and grants unlimited distribution rights.

It should also be noted that the Teigha libraries are supported on Windows and Linux.  I have used them on CentOS 5 and they do work.  With the version I used, some of the extended entity information from AutoCAD Map was difficult to get at through Teigha.

ODA has posted a design specification for DWG files.  It may give a better indication as to what is supported and what isn't.  Object data and link templates are mentioned in the document but I suspect "mileage will vary".

http://opendesign.com/files/guestdownloads/OpenDesign_Specification_for_.dwg_files.pdf

Regards,
Trevor