[mapguide-users] Coordinate System Transformation in 2.4

Flipper scotth at mpowerinnovations.com
Wed Dec 5 09:29:52 PST 2012

I have a SQL Spatial Layer in 2.2 Which Worked fine. It no longer projects in
4.2
It is Geomtry type with an EPSG of 4326 on each Geometry object in SQL.

Customer is Using Maestro

I have put it in a new Map...It finds that it is LL84 Sets the coordinate
extents and Coordinate system of the Map as it should.

I then change the coordinate system I want the map to be in to Michigan
State Plan North Feet...ERRORS...cannot transform error.

I override the Datasource to Another lat long coord system, I create a new
map, Everything is good. I change the coordinate system. and get an error
can't transform SPHEROID/ELLIPSOID something.

Thought maybe the michigan one is messed up in Mapguide 2.4...
So i tried a neighboring Coordinate system...USA Wisconsin Florence County
NAD 83 State Plane ft...A stranger error saying Wisconsin County Datum not
supported.

Ive tried the same data and coordinates in MG2.2 And its all fine no errors
and everything Projects???
ANY CLUE?