[mapguide-users] Oracle 11gR2 - Basics..

Birgir bgu at geograf.dk
Thu Jan 26 09:54:43 EST 2012

Hi,
Ive just installed Oracle 11gR2 and I need to....
create a new table
import data to that table
show the data in Mapguide.

So far I've been able to install Oracle, create the table and importing the
data to that table.
Im also able to create a feature source (with KingOracle) to my Oracle
database with the following connection parameters:

Username 		: xxxx
Password 		: xxxx
Service 		: xe
OracleSchema	: "empty"
KindFdoClass 	: "empty"
SDE Schema 	: "empty"

But when I create a layer for my Oracle feature source, I recevie the
following error message:
"Feature Source (Library://.....) has no usable feature classes. Choose a
different feature source."

Does the error message mean that my database doesnt have a table with
spatial context? if yes, what can I do to correct this?

Regards,
Birgir