[mapguide-users] Oracle 11gR2 - Basics..

Simon Pelicon simon at sl-king.com
Thu Jan 26 10:05:49 EST 2012

Hi!

Set your OracleSchema value to xxxx (you username or schema name where
table with geometry is stored)

OracleSchema    : " xxxx  "

Otherwise check  USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA view.

King.Oracle provider will read ALL_SDO_GEOM_METADATA View and find tables
and columns with SDO_GEOMETRY data type.
For each pair Table-Column King.Oracle will create an FDO Feature class.
If you want a FDO Feature class to be created based on Oracle View than you
need to add a row in USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA for that View.

Check and Update/Insert statement for USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA for your
geometry

INSERT INTO USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA
VALUES(
'EVENTS','GEOM',
    MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ARRAY(
    MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ELEMENT('X', -180, 180, 0.000000005),
    MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ELEMENT('Y', -90, 90, 0.000000005)
     ),
  4326   -- SRID
);

You must also create Spatial  index on that geometry.

Regards,

Simon