[mapguide-users] You should probably read this (if you use Maestro)

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 00:21:39 PDT 2012

Well it looks like half the problem (the show-stopping half) is solved at
least, I've replicated MgCryptographyUtil in .net (the relevant parts that
do the encryption) and it seems to produce encrypted credentials that the
MapGuide Server is happy with, and my unit tests seem to check out.

The packaging problem still remains though. There just doesn't seem to be a
way to request encrypted MG_USER_CREDENTIALS as-is through the public
resource service APIs. All requests for this resource data item will always
return the decrypted username.

The workaround for this is to have the Maestro packager auto-discard any
MG_USER_CREDENTIALS during packaging (to prevent MgDecryptionExceptions when
being loaded) and just require the user to re-supply the specific Feature
Source credentials when loading this package somewhere else. That's an ugly
workaround though. I really wish there was a better way, but I don't think
there is a better way.

- Jackie