[mapguide-users] You should probably read this (if you use Maestro)

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Wed Jul 11 00:08:17 PDT 2012

Hi Jackie
To me (in person) the first issue is not a big problem. We created our own
map solution on top of the MapGuide server. In all our cases the MapGuide
server is not exposed to the outside/internet in any way.
A solution to this problem could be to replace the way things are encrypted
in the MapGuide server and implement this in Maestro as well. Kind of like
“do it our own way”.
When using Maestro for the Autodesk servers the user should be warned then
that the Autodesk cryptography is not supported (for various reasons) and
that MGP files containing passwords cannot be imported in a safe way where
the password is encrypted (If i understood the issue correct?).
I guess people could then use Studio to re-type/re-encrypt the password?

For the second issue with the Maestro packages containing unencrypted
passwords. Could the solution be to just encrypt the entire MGP file with a
user given password (should be an option I think). Only the person with the
correct password could then open/read/import the MGP file.

Anyone else have any thoughts about this?
Best regards
  Hans Milling...