[mapguide-users] Error on insert features into SQL Server Spatial

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Wed Jul 11 04:02:11 PDT 2012

Hi,

on inserting features into SQL Server 2008 I get the following error:

   An exception occurred in FDO component.
   End of feature data or NextFeature not called

I do think that error is correct cause my features were inserted correctly.
I can see them on the map and all properties were set as specified.

When using the FeatureService.UpdateMethode the resulting
MgPropertyCollection does not contain an MgFeatureReader as described in the
WebAPI! It always return a string with the above error.

There is no entry in the error log and also no error when watching what is
going on in SQL Server (with SQL Server Profiler).

So, maybe I can ignore this error! But what I really like to have is the
autogenrated ID of the inserted features which are usually returned (SDF
Provider) by a MgFeatureReader.

Any ideas what can cause this error and how to solve it?

Gunter