[mapguide-users] Spatial Views with SQLite

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Tue Jun 5 04:12:14 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to display a spatial view from SQLite in MapGuide 2.2. As you can
guess without any success.
I've created the view insde the SQLite Manager AddOn for Firefox. When I
display the view in the GUI everything seems to look fine.

Steps I've done already:

1. Create a view like this:

  CREATE  VIEW points
  AS
  SELECT a.id,
        a.nr ,
        b.geometry,
        b.drehwinkel * 57.296 AS angle
   FROM a JOIN  b
     ON a.id = b.p_id

2. Insert View in Metadata-Table 'geometry_columns':

   INSERT INTO geometry_columns (f_table_name, f_geometry_column,
geometry_type, coord_dimension, srid, geometry_format)
   VALUES ('points', 'geometry', 1, 2, 28532, 'WKB');

When trying to connect to sqlite in Maestro or FDOToolbox then the view
seems to be recognised as a spatial class. FdoToolbox shows a spatial icon
in the 'Object Explorer' and the 'Map View'- Tab is visible when querying
the data. Instead of displaying it correctly on the map it shows the
geometry-column as a column in the 'Grid View' with value '<null>'

As you can see from Jackies
http://themapguyde.blogspot.de/2010/09/sqlite-is-there-anything-you-cant-do.html
post  it must be possible to display a spatial view. But not for me.

Anyone else who got this to work? Do I have to add some more metadata into
sqlite to make my view visible to MapGuide (FDO)?

Thanks, Gunter