[mapguide-users] Adding a dataProperty to a buffer does not work

Marcelo Bilezker marcebil at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 15:27:56 PDT 2012

MapGuide 2.2

When creating a buffer, I want to save the buffer distance, as a property,
in the geometry created.

In buffer.php (which is in de mapviewerphp directory) , I saw this simple
lines (line 126, buffer.php)

           //Set ID property.

            $prop = new MgDataPropertyDefinition("ID");

            $prop->SetDataType(MgPropertyType::Int32);

            $classDef->GetProperties()->Add($prop);

So, I thought that adding:  (I leave on purpose the Int32 type even that I
need it to be of type double, just to add the same code exactly):

           //Set BDIST property.

            $prop = new MgDataPropertyDefinition("BDIST");

            $prop->SetDataType(MgPropertyType::Int32);

            $classDef->GetProperties()->Add($prop);

Using the buffer icon (see attached), on the left up corner, stop working
after I add this 3 lines.