[mapguide-users] Re: FeatureSource has a different coordinate system than the map

Lotte Doyle doylelotte at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 14:10:53 EST 2012

When you said to generalize data, did you mean to build a sort of
pyramid like one does for raster? Could it be done through Maestro, or
elsewhere before I import the data into MG?

The feedback is definitely faster at a larger scale, but I'm still
worried about the background processing... If you could refer to this
screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/AEE90.png

1. when the map app was first loaded and rendered. Blank map during wait.
2. when I entered the 1:5000 scale to zoom towards. Blank map during wait.
3. when I zoomed out a bit to find my river. Blank map during wait.
4. when I was back at 1:5000 scale and panned along the feature. It
was only at this stage that the app was able to render the features
immediately, allowing me to make a series of quick pans. However,
after I finished, it took up CPU resources for quite awhile longer
before settling down.

I have a feeling those wait times will be a deterrent for some people.
I'm testing out the software on a Windows desktop PC. Would I expect
better performance on a Linux server? My grand scheme is to have the
map+web servers running on a Linux server, while Maestro usage and
creating Fusion layouts are done on Windows desktops.

Much thanks.