[mapguide-users] dynamic filter for Layers in Maestro possible?

Stefanie Siegel s.siegel at isb-siegel.de
Tue Mar 13 03:35:33 EDT 2012

We are currently setting up an WMS using MGOS 2.0.2 and Maestro 4 on
Windows. The WMS is connected to another system using gisviewer and
OpenLayers to work with.

Most of the data are stored in an Oracle database (except of some layers for
the background map).

The client starts the application via his login in our own software system.
With the WMS he is able to digitalize points and connect points with lines.
He is also able to set addresses as points. These are all stored in separate
tables in the oracle db and defined as layers in Maestro. Therefore all are
shown on the map again.

Now we need to hide points that do not belong to the client (the client ID),
so the client is not able to see and use points and lines from other
clients. We thought about setting up a dynamic filter with the client-ID in
Maestro. Is there any way to work with this?  Are there any other
possibilities using client-specified data and hide all other information?

Thanks for helping.

Stef