[mapguide-users] Re: accessing REST server

Andrew DeMerchant andrew.demerchant at gemtec.ca
Wed Mar 21 08:04:20 EDT 2012

Right - it's still in beta, so maybe they'll add some other
standards...but right now, no such luck.

I've had success in getting these layers to show up in Quantum GIS,
which I'm assuming is using that reader/writer. To get the data in
there, I just create a new vector layer and paste in the url for the
path. When it comes in, it names the layer OGRGeoJSON. I'm sure that
what's happening is it's downloading the json and then rendering that,
rather than streaming it. I could live with that in Mapguide, if I had
to...most of the data is pretty static.

I've tried the OGR FDO in Maestro, but no success yet. I've tried
setting the datasource value to my url - no luck. I've tried adding the
url as my resource data file...no luck.

I'd like to do this without the need for extra coding, so unless there's
an FDO that can handle this, or some way to trick one of them into
working, I'll have to wait and see if they get other formats later.

Andrew

On 12/03/21 3:01 AM, Jason Birch wrote:
> It's a public provincial government server and they're providing a
> proprietary REST format, but not open standard WMS or WFS when it's
> fully supported by the server software they're using?  Yikes.
>
> I've never tried this myself, but if you don't need live data in your
> MapGuide server and have access to FME, you may be able to import it
> using their ESRIJSON reader/writer:
> http://docs.safe.com/fme/reader_writerPDF/esrijson.pdf
>
> Jason
>
> On 20 March 2012 12:56, Andrew DeMerchant wrote:
>
>     That's the idea, yes. But it's not my server that's outputting
>     that Rest data, so I don't have the option of WMS or WFS...since
>     the ArcGIS server's not my server, I've got to work with what they
>     provide. Is there any way to get json data into Mapguide? Is there
>     an FDO that would do that? If I needed to use Fusion, I would...

GEMTEC Limited <http://www.gemtec.ca/>

*Andrew DeMerchant*

tel: 506.453.1025  /  toll-free: 1.877.243.6832
fax: 506.453.9470