[mapguide-users] MgCooker - too much useless tiles generated

Franz1965 fsozzi at INTERCAD.CH
Wed May 9 17:13:17 EDT 2012

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4964079/test.zip test.zip

Hi List,

I've made more tests on my MGOS 2.4 on both Windows 7 32bits and Windows
Server 2008 64bits and I think that there is a bug on how bounds are
calculated.

I've prepared a very simple project with only shp files on a very small
town.

I've set my serverconfig.ini as follows:

RenderOnly                         = 0
TileCachePath                      =C:\Program
Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Server\Repositories\TileCache\
TileColumnsPerFolder               = 500
TileRowsPerFolder                  = 500
DefaultTileSizeX                   = 1000
DefaultTileSizeY                   = 1000
ImageFormat                        = PNG

The wrong thing is that 90% of tiles created are black and this is of course
a great waste of time.

If you load my mgp and run the bat file with scaleindex=5  (I've included
CreateTiles.bat for that) you will see that only few tiles really regards
the map, the rest of tiles are black. With sclaeindex < 5 is even worse and
more you go toward scaleindex=0 and more useless black tiles you get.

To build all tiles scales on my Windows 7 I get an estimation of several
days (and taking a look to progress time against tiles generated, the
estimation looks correct).

Is it a bug or I'm wrong in doing something?...