[mapguide-users] Cannot connect to large SDF files anymore

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Tue Nov 6 07:26:21 PST 2012

Hi,

I have a large sdf file (42GB) that I cannot connect anymore with MapGuide
2.4/FDO 3.7. Worked well with MapGuide 2.2 / FDO 3.6. It is an unmanaged
file and I can't see it neither in the Maestros "Select file"-dialog (Alias)
nor in Autodesk Infrastructure Studio and if I open the FeatureSource from
MapGuide 2.2 then I get an error:

I also checked it with Autodesk Map 3D 2013 and get the same message so that
I think that it is related to the FDO 2.7 version.

Does anyone know if this limit is specific to the SDF Provider? Or does this
affects all file based FDO Providers? Would it make sense to store the data
in SQLite?

Thanks Gunter