[mapguide-users] Maestro 4 and 5 shows name for WMS layers and not title

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Tue Sep 11 05:43:20 PDT 2012

Maestro 4 and 5 have the same problem. When adding a WMS layer the list of
Feature Classes show the name attribute (if you look inside the xml) for WMS
layers and not the title. If the <name> is missing from a layer the <title>
i shown instead.
I think it should be the title that is shown as default and if this is
missing, the name should be shown.
In my experience the name is often used as a key e.g. a GUID and the title
has an actual name that people can understand. I am not sure if any standard
exists that explains what to put in the different attributes of the xml/wms?

Am I wrong to request the title to be default? If not I'll create a ticket
:-)

Hans...