[mapguide-users] quick one regarding mssql

Jamo adam.jamison at portbris.com.au
Wed Sep 19 22:49:32 PDT 2012

I suppose for all purposes xml is just formatted text in the end, so reading
it as a text field works just fine for me, It would be great to be able to
know the field I'm accessing is in fact formatted as xml therefore prompting
me to do something with it...

I was only thinking of this very basic example of an xml list, but in
reality people would put all sorts of nasty things in there, making it hard
to cater for I guess.

for this exercise reading it as a string that happens to be xml has worked a
treat and will probably be the path I take for further implmentation of this
list style property.

All be it the string has been escaped a little just run the value through a
nasty decode operation to put it back together again.