[mapguide-users] Help needed on data migration for MapGuide

everling tceverling at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 15:09:10 PDT 2012

Thank you, that was informative. I had use the PgAdmin plug-in before, when
it could not process whole folders. This change is welcomed.

As for Paul Ramsey's blog, I am aware of the technique, having done
something similar with ogr2ogr. My problem with ogr2ogr is with the error
handling and perhaps the lack of post-processing reports (like how many
errors). Maybe I should test with shp2pgsql to see if it is more robust than
ogr2ogr.

shp2mysql was unfortunately rather unusable and extremely limited in its
version 0.4 (July 2004) form that was available from
http://itcnt05.itc.nl/RIMapper_website/rimapper_old.html