[mapguide-users] Help needed on data migration for MapGuide

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 13:15:03 PDT 2012

PostGIS/PostgreSQL has a shapefile loader GUI based off of shp2pgsql.  It
should be an plug-in for PgAdmin.  I believe the latest release improved the
shapefile loader so that you could load multiple files at once.  You should
also do a web search on shp2pgsql for command line options to load
shapefiles.  Paul Ramsey blogs about a way to load a mass a shapefiles:

http://blog.cleverelephant.ca/2007/05/mass-shape-file-load-into-postgis.html

I think there is something similar for mysql (shp2mysql) but have never used
it.

-Steve