[mapguide-users] Refresh Layer Properties in Maestro

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Thu Sep 27 01:11:03 PDT 2012

Hi All

Using Maestro (I'm using 4.0.3), is it possible to refresh the Layer
Properties (feature class) of a layer without having to remove the layer and
add it again?
I have an issue where a database has changed over time. I can remove and add
the feature source to refresh the feature classes (getting new tables in the
list), but the task to refresh the layer properties is painful.
If I just validate the layer after updating the feature source, I get an
error that there is no primary key. Sometimes I get an error when opening
the layer that the feature source has no valid feature classes. I can then
add a new layer and copy most of the XML from the old layer, but it takes
time if you have many, many layers.
I'd be happy to have some button to press to refresh the layer properties
from the feature source/feature class. Like wiping the old list and loading
a new, if possible to preserve visible checkboxes for the columns that
exists both in the old and thew new.

Any thoughts on this or anyone who experienced the same?

Best regards Hans Milling...