[mapguide-users] Refresh Layer Properties in Maestro

Gabriele Monfardini gabrimonfa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 03:18:39 PDT 2012

> Purging the cache did not help. The two new fields in my table does not
> appear. If I add the layer over again they do.
> I am using MapGuide OpenSource 2.2 and KingOracle provider.

The PropertyDefinitions are saved in the xml, but they only map the
Name with the Display Name.
So if you mapped a property that now has disappeared it remains in the
xml (causing obscure-but-innocuous FDO errors, like
FDO_81_IDENTIFIER_NOT_FOUND).
At least this is what happened some version ago.

But the xml does not contains all properties of a layer, that are
retrieved a runtime (using caching schema information).
If you close and reopen the layer after purging schema info the new
properties should appear in the list of the properties.

This is my test.

* Open the layer definition in Normal (non-xml) mode
* Look at "Layer Propetries Visible in Viewer" panel: it shows the
properties of the layer, e.g. p1, p2, p3
* Add in the db the column "test_column" at the table referenced by
the layer definition
* Close layer definition
* Reopen layer definition: "test_column" is not there (it is using
cached schema information!)
* Close layer definition
* Purge cached schema information for the correct feature source
(using right-button menu on the layer in the Site Explorer on the
left)
* Reopen layer definition: "test_column" has appeared in the pane.

Is it the same for you?

Regards,

Gabriele Monfardini