[mapguide-users] parsing SDF data with java

cremebrulee mazda327 at mailinator.com
Wed Apr 3 06:07:22 PDT 2013

I am relatively new to MapGuide open source technology. I would like to parse
and modify data that is in SDF format so that my map displays this updated
feature data (dynamically). How can i do so? I went through the MapGuide Web
API documentation but there were no examples on how to manipulate SDF data.
Currently i am generating the SDF data by using FME scripts to query a
spatial database which generates SHP files and then transforming those SHP
files into SDF files before transferring them to the mapguide server
repository. I am able to edit the SHP files (in particular the dbf file just
using a spread sheet) to change the values for the particular feature
source. However this process is static and so i was hoping to be able to do
so programmatically (using java / jsp) by parsing the SDF files for the
particular feature source.
Thanks

-----
-mapguidenoob