[mapguide-users] reading and editing SDF data with java

cremebrulee mazda327 at mailinator.com
Wed Apr 3 06:43:06 PDT 2013

I am relatively new to MapGuide open source technology. I would like to parse
and modify feature source data that is in SDF format so that my map displays
this updated feature data (dynamically). How can i do so? I have MapGuide
installed and configured on Linux. I went through the MapGuide Web API
documentation but there were no examples on how to manipulate SDF data.
Currently i am generating the SDF data in a Windows OS environment by using
FME scripts to query a spatial database and the query generates SHP files. I
then transform those SHP files into SDF files using FME scripts again before
transferring them to the mapguide server repository in the Linux OS
environment. On the Windows OS end, I am able to edit the SHP files (in
particular the dbf file just using a spread sheet) to change the values for
the particular feature source. However this process is static and so i was
hoping to be able to do so programmatically (using java / jsp) by parsing
the SDF files for the particular feature source in the Linux domain.
Thanks

-----
-mapguidenoob