[mapguide-users] reading and editing SDF data with java

cremebrulee mazda327 at mailinator.com
Fri Apr 5 08:56:37 PDT 2013

Thanks for that explanation @zspitzer.

A couple more questions ...

1) Am I on the right track with my approach of trying to edit the SDF data
via the Java / FDO API ? The application I am working on uses MapGuide Open
source to display a communication network overlayed over geographic maps.
The communication network consists of various network devices and their
interconnections. My goal is to be able to display dynamic data for some of
these network devices (such as alarm data etc). These network devices are
feature sources and so i was hoping to edit their respective SDF files and
add the dynamic feature data (like alarm data).

2) Looking at the Web API, i see all the class names. I am assuming they are
the same for PHP/Java/C#. Is these any Java Docs for the java classes (I am
unable to locate on Osgeo website)? Similar to what i see in Jackie's blog :
http://themapguyde.blogspot.com/2012/11/improving-mapguide-api-documentation_28.html
?

3) Just to confirm, is this the MG Java API:
$installeddir/webserverextensions/www/WEB-INF/lib/MapGuideApi.jar

-----
-mapguidenoob