[mapguide-users] Dinamic Tile Render

Riccardo Pucci riccardo.pucci at dbcaditaly.com
Fri Apr 12 09:46:53 PDT 2013

Hi Jackie,
That's true, But I think about some use case where "dynamic tiles" could
be very useful:
1) Large format, high definition print service: if you want to create e
pdf file of your map in A0 format and 1200 dpi resolution ( ! ), it
could be possible to make a collage of tiles.
2) Mobile mapping application: during last few days, I've played with
Google Maps Android Api v2. There is a TileProvider service you can
implement to overlay map image generated with MapGuide. Obviously, at
the tiles border, label and linestyle does not match very well, but it's
amazing to rotate an tilt your map... and you can store the tiles on the
device for offline navigation!

Since MapGuide can generate tiles for base layers, could be feasible to
extend such behavior to dynamic layers?
Actually this is my n°1 position on mapguide wishlist!

Riccardo