[mapguide-users] Dinamic Tile Render

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 23:53:34 PDT 2013

Tiling implies caching the result for future use, which I am arguing is
completely pointless for renderings of a dynamic map as renders can be at
*any view* at *any scale* as there are *infinite* possible "tiles" that can
be rendered and cached., a subsequent view that is slightly off by either
center or scale will not use such previously cached results.

Tiled layers by their very definition only have a *finite* possible number
of tiles, which is why we can cache them.

Your use case of a collage of tiles in A0 format @ 1200dpi is also not
possible as we would be stitching pre-rendered tiles that have been rendered
at the standard 96 dpi (or whatever MapGuide-imposed default value).

Of course I could be reading your question/requirements completely wrong,
but as it stands according to my interpretation what you're asking for is
impossible.

- Jackie