[mapguide-users] Dinamic Tile Render

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Mon Apr 15 02:48:58 PDT 2013

Hi Riccardo

Do you put the individual pictures inside the PDF? I think that PDF files
smooth the edges of images making them semi transparent. Perhaps the GDI+
fuctions is doing this (you can turn this off i think).

What I do to produce A0 print is:

1. Make a bitmap that is the size of the output image. A0 600 dpi will be
like 19000x26000 pixels.
2. Render the "tiles" and draw them in the bitmap (Using the Graphics object
and DrawImageUnscaled).
3. Save the bitmap or put it inside a pdf.

The A0 bitmap in memory is a little over 2 GB in size and when saved as PNG
is 1.2 Gb in size on my machine (when printing ECW/Orthofoto). I guess
vector maps will be less once compresed. I am not sure if anyone want to
print A0 images or have any printer or software that can handle images of
this size.

Best Regards
  Hans Milling...