[mapguide-users] GeoRest Configuration

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 14:10:53 PDT 2013

I realize there are no recent bundles for GeoRest using MGOS, but I've been
just trying to install the latest release for just playing around with.
I've installed on a Windows 2008R2 server and all is well when using the
standalone GeoRestHttpServer (all of the packaged georest demos work).
However, when I try to install using IIS 7.5, I've hit a wall.  I have
configured using the instructions  here
<http://code.google.com/p/georest/wiki/Installation#IIS7_%28Vista_and_Windows_Server_2008%29>
.  After IIS configuration, the hello command returns the valid "Hello back
from GeoREST - GeoSpatial RESTful Web Services" response, but when I try to
run any of the real demos I get a MgRuntimeException error message.

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5070575/error.png>

There are a few similar postings on the  GeoRest users forum
<http://georest.99228.n3.nabble.com/GeoREST-Users-f99208.html>   (I imagine
that forum doesn't have a lot of subscribers).

Any suggestions?