[mapguide-users] Maestro API 5 - Create MarkupLayer using HttpConnection

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Thu Aug 22 06:35:06 PDT 2013

Hi All

I need help adding a markup layer to a runtime map using HttpConnection. The
reason is, I have some problems getting local native connection to work with
Maestro 5, so I am going to do this using HTTP connection.
A forum search directed me to this:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/CodeSamples/AspDotNet/TemporaryMarkupsDotNet#CreatingTemporaryMarkupswiththe.NetAPI,
but it is not completed (barely started).

For the local native connection I do the following. The question is how to
do it using HttpConnection (sessionid is the localnative connection, if I
use id from http connection I am told that the session does not exist):

I can then add columns to the feature source like this:

Finally i create the featuresource

I then create a layer that uses the new featuresource and add it to the
runtime map.
How to do this when not using LocalNative but Http connection ?

Best regards
  Hans Milling...