[mapguide-users] point layers and dwf

Jonathan Rizzo jrizzo at Langan.com
Thu Dec 19 11:59:42 PST 2013

Hello List,

I have been having problems with creating DWF files in MapGuide for a long time (http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapguide-users/2012-September/028411.html), and I think I have finally narrowed down the cause.  I have a points layer that I styled with an image.  When I generate a dwf file with this layer turned off, the resulting DWF file opens just fine.  If I turn the layer on, the resulting dwf file crashes Design Review.

The images that I used to stylize this layer are all 32 bit png files with transparent backgrounds.  If doesn't matter which image I use - they all seem to cause the problem.  If I replace the stylization of this layer with one of the basic symbols that ships with MGOS, the resulting dwf file opens just fine in design review.

I guess my first question would be whether anybody else has done this successfully (ie: style a point layer with a 32 bit, transparent background png and then generated a dwf using the mapguide API).  I don't know if this is a Design Review issue or a MapGuide issue, but I was hoping that someone on this list can guide me to the next step and/or help me verify what I am seeing.

Regards,

Jon

Electronic communication provided by "Langan" encompasses "Langan Engineering, Environmental, Surveying and Landscape Architecture, D.P.C.," "Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc.," "Langan International LLC," "Treadwell & Rollo, a Langan Company," and "Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc., PC." This electronic transmission may contain confidential, proprietary or privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is intended to be waived or lost by erroneous transmission of this message. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this message from your system. Disclosure, use, distribution or copying of this message, any attachments thereto or their contents is strictly prohibited.