[mapguide-users] specification of TileCache

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 17:44:12 PST 2013

Firstly, MgCooker just mimics the calls a browser makes, so it's exactly
the same
as browsing a map, just automated.

the default settings for mgcooker are for 1 concurrent request, that is
request one
title and then request the next tile, this will always be the absolute
slowest way to
generate tiles.

depending which browser you are using, it will request between 2-8 tiles at
a time,
whilst browsing.

a rule of thumb is to run with at least 1 thread per core on your server,
depending
on your what kind of server you are running and your map, you might find
running
4 or 8 threads per core might produce the best performance, you need to test
this out, whilst monitoring system load and tiles generated.

2.4 is much more stable with lots of underlying bug fixes, what problems do
you
forsee with openlayers, none of the expose API's which openlayers calls
have been
changed since 2.2?

also are you running the latest king oracle driver?

Regards

Zac

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Stefanie Siegel <s.siegel at isb-siegel.de>wrote:

> Thanks -that might do the trick.
> I tried both methods but didn't change "meters per unit" when using the
> official method (was 1)... . Therefore the result is likely to be wrong.
> :-)

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director
Ennoble Consultancy Australia