[mapguide-users] MG 2.4 final, MG 2.5 Beta 1 problems, errors ... ect.

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 00:20:13 PST 2013

1. Probably a defect (if it happens on all 5 templates)

2. Need to see the actual error message before going any further (original
message is cropped out by Firefox's alert dialog)

3. What you want to have is against the Google Maps Terms of Service. It's
not legally possible to do what you are asking for.

4. Is this happening with other browsers? Or is it a browser-specific issue?

5. We're aware of this problem. This can intermittently happen if you are
using a non-production optimized build of fusion (in dev-mode using
fusion.js, each widget references fires off a script request for the widget
js file of the same name). It's not too high a priority item because it's
something that only happens in dev-mode and not production-mode. If it's
happening with fusionSF-compressed.js, then it becomes a problem we should
look at.

For the scalebar widget, once again we need to know if it's browser or
template specific before going further.

6. Noted as a problem. Please make a ticket in Fusion trac if you can

7. Please detail steps for reproducing the problem in Maestro. Make a ticket
in MapGuide trac detailing these steps if you can.

8. This "annoying" message was put in place on pretty much any widget that
uses a digitizer or prompts for geometric input from the user (eg. Redline,
Measure, etc) so that you (the user) have a visual cue that the map viewer
is currently in the state of (digitizing / accepting input). Previously,
there was no such thing, which can lead to great confusion if you happen to
wander off to do something else mid-measure or mid-digitizing.

For the Redline widget, you can turn this behaviour off by setting the new
<UseMapMessage> widget extension property to false. Other widgets will
always be using this notification mechanism.

- Jackie