[mapguide-users] MapGuide Open Source 2.5 Preview Release

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 16:48:29 PST 2013

> * Change the default app pool to MapGuide25AppPool
> * The installer did *NOT* create me a Windows service (name conflict?) so
> I am currently running mgserver \interactive from a CMD prompt

Yep missed these bits from the installer

> * Now WIX 3.7 is out is it worth updating the installer?
> (http://wixtoolset.org/)

Unless required due to upstream project/framework/compiler changes, I prefer
to stick with the current version of WiX. If it ain't broke ... yadda yadda.

> * Fusion Viewer seems not to switch between different maps - more
> investigation required

Possibly a long standing bug if confirmed as one.

> * Because of the compiled CS-Map files OSTN02._02 and OSTN97._nt (from
> http://trac.osgeo.org/csmap/ticket/151) do the original TXT files need to
> be in the distribution - saving 50MB before comression

I was wondering why this installer bloated up by 20mb, half was due to these
two files and the other half was tcpdf that was added to fusion. Are you
certain the text files are not required? These dictionary files are all over
the place and nobody could explain which ones are actually source and which
ones are compiled?

When I first tried to package mg-desktop, I went and trashed all the
plain-text files under /Dictionaries and that broke the MgCoordinateSystem
API as I obviously deleted something that was important. So I've been
leaving this directory as-is for fear of deleting something that shouldn't
be deleted. Now if you're certain these TXT files aren't used, I'll be more
than happy to leave them out of the next installer.

- Jackie