[mapguide-users] Strange problem with new server

Jonathan Rizzo jrizzo at Langan.com
Mon Jul 1 10:03:13 PDT 2013

I was able to get mapguide AND my application working on my development machine, and now I am trying to get this working on the server.  I am having a strange problem when I do this:

The server is Windows Server 2008 R2.  I installed the 32 bit version of MGOS.  I was able to log in to the administration site, load the sheboygen data set, and verify that the dotnetviewersample application is working.  However, my application is still not working the way it should, so I attempted to connect to the site with Studio to see if I could detect any problems with my data.  When I try to connect with Studio, the connection fails with the message "The User ID or Password is invalid".  I also tried connecting with Maestro and had the same result.  I used the same credentials that I used to load the sample package, and I just verified that those credentials are still working via the admin site.  I tried disabling the firewall on the server, and that did not help.

Any ideas what could cause this?  I am really stumped here.  The sample application works, but I can't connect to the site with studio or maestro.  Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Jon
Electronic communication provided by "Langan" encompasses "Langan Engineering, Environmental, Surveying and Landscape Architecture, D.P.C.," "Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc.," "Langan International LLC," "Treadwell & Rollo, a Langan Company," and "Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc., PC." This electronic transmission may contain confidential, proprietary or privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is intended to be waived or lost by erroneous transmission of this message. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this message from your system. Disclosure, use, distribution or copying of this message, any attachments thereto or their contents is strictly prohibited.