[mapguide-users] [MapGuide-users] Improving the tile service

Rémy Gourrat rgourrat at ag-carto.fr
Tue Jul 2 06:54:09 PDT 2013

Thanks James,

For tile cache path, i saw that but when you produce datas every day for different project in the goal to copy to another server, we must always change the file path for isolate the datas.

“MapGuide administrator” is using by the Gis Administrator not by Gis Data Manager.

And gis Data Manager don’t have access to the “MapGuide administrator” and of course on the serverconfig.ini, only Maestro and mgcooker.

So like we speak about improvement, it will be great if we could change this parameters directly in mgcooker.

For the third one, Imagine you have a big territory on a server (200km x 200km) but on another local server you want just use a part of this territory with a specific complex perimeter. It’s difficult to get only tiles you need.

So you will generate again the tiles cache and it's again a long calculation of few days, sometimes we don't have the time to wait and no enough money to buy a server monster... so it's a problem for us

If we have a Shape of the Grid tiles, when we have a lot of tile it’s very easy to select tiles with a selection spatial query on it with autodesk Map (look below) , make selection List report to build easy a batch to extract/copy/delete only tiles you need without generation calculation.

Rémy

[cid:image001.png at 01CE7739.E78271D0]

image001.png (261K) <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/attachment/5063564/0/image001.png>

-----