[mapguide-users] HTML5 client-side viewer (Was re: Re-thinking Fusion redlining efficiency)

Rémy Gourrat rgourrat at ag-carto.fr
Fri Jul 12 04:41:10 PDT 2013

Hi ,

I'm not a true developper but there is a long time (2001)  i made with my "brother in law" a vector client/server flash before flex.

Every time we pan the map, flash client side sendandload a query to php server which call an Mysql or Oracle query/procedure which return a libming script text command to php/libming which returned a swf generated on serverside to client included data tooltips of every object.

It's running always... it was very light, quick and funny...
http://www.ag-map.com/97411/

naive question, why MapGuide would not have a Canvas output format like JPG, PNG,GIF... directly generated on server side and returned and interpreted by the map viewer html5 ?

if Maybe i understand nothing about the goal of  this post... excuse me.

Rémy

-----
AG-Carto - Bayonne