[mapguide-users] Advanced Stylization labelling

Riccardo Pucci riccardo.pucci at dbcaditaly.com
Tue Jul 30 05:18:10 PDT 2013

I have (sometime) used AS in my projects. From what I have understood,
it's not correct to talk about labeling with A.S., but more exactly you
can use text to stylize features.
Text became part of the main feature style (for example text can be part
of the selection blue shape), and position, rotation and all other text
properties are calculated by evaluating style rules for points, lines,
and area and only by that.
So if you want fine grained control on "label" text position, rotation,
etc AS is good. In contrast, interference between two text are not
evaluated (AFAIK), and, for a given feature, text label wouldn't be
drawn if the stylization rule used, place it outside of map request
boundary.

Riccardo