[mapguide-users] SDF Features Not Loading

Kyel kyel at quamdesigns.com
Mon Jun 17 22:39:57 PDT 2013

I am previewing with both methods - Maestro's Preview and via the browser
(both Fusion and Ajax).  A majority of transferred layers do not display
properly in the full map.  Individually, these same layers do display
correctly for both Layer Preview (within Maestro) and Feature Source preview
of the .SDF (Maestro's preview opens the browser link to
describeschema.php).

I am seeing an MgCoordinateSystemInitializationFailedException in the
Javascript console of my browser map when these layers are activated.
Overriding the Coordinate System on each Feature Source to match the map CS
does not resolve either problem.  But as I mentioned, I can translate my
original .SHP data into a new .SDF file, then replace the transferred
package version with this new .SDF file and fix the problem.

A few layers did transfer automatically, most did not.  I conclude that
there is a slight difference between the .SDF generated by Mapguide
Enterprise 2009's "Package Map" option and the Open Source 2.50 requisite
for an .SDF file - perhaps going back to the source data used for the
original MGE2009 server.

To sum up if anyone else experiences this issue:  Just try uploading your
original data source for a layer that does not cooperate immediately using
the map package transfer method.