[mapguide-users] Problem with access

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Wed Jun 19 23:45:40 PDT 2013

Hi Manuel

I think the problem might be that 64 bit windows does not have a 64 bit MS
Access driver as default.
Also the FDO provider might use the wrong connection string, I am not sure
cause I never used it. To use a Microsoft Access database in a 64 bit
environment, you need two things:

1.install the 64 bit driver for M$ Access (Microsoft Access Database Engine
2010 Redistributable):
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

2. Use the new connection string for this driver
(Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0,Data Source=xxxx.mdb):
http://www.connectionstrings.com/access-2007

Best regards
  Hans Milling...