[mapguide-users] Error when copying Layer Definition and changing feature source

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 14:33:12 PST 2013

Maestro 5.0.0.7213
Mapguide 2.4.0.6876

I have a working layer definition (vector layer) and associated feature data
source (unmanaged, using SHP FDO provider).  I want to duplicate/copy the
layer definition, but use a different feature data source.

Here are my steps.

1.  Add a new feature source (SHP FDO Provider, unmanaged). It validates
2.  Copy and paste the existing layer definition (i.e. create a duplicate
layer definition).  Works fine.
3.  Change the feature source to use newly created feature source
definition.  Throws error, and then prevents me from picking any other
feature source
<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5037899/FeatureSourceError.png>

4.  I've also tried to change the Feature Class and get this error

<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5037899/FeatureClassError.png>

I've also tried to edit the xml (both feature source and feature class name)
and get the same error as in the first image.

I was able to work the problem through using the Sheboygan dataset.  After
changing the Feature Source, it through an error, but it then let me choose
a new Feature Class.  So not sure if it is something specific with schemas,
etc.  I can post a ticket but just wondering if someone can confirm this
problem.