[mapguide-users] DWF problems

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 00:56:06 PST 2013

MapGuide is still using a super-duper ancient version of the DWF Toolkit
(7.1). This is circa AutoCAD 2007 (!!!), if you're wondering what commercial
products we can best round-trip to/from MapGuide.

We're looking at finally upgrading the DWF Toolkit to the latest version
(7.7), which also means we lose the existing eMap support and the DWF-based
viewer in the process. But this way, MapGuide and its Autodesk commerical
product brethren should now be on the same page wrt DWF Toolkit version and
the DWF files that get round-tripped between them.

This won't happen for the 2.5 timeframe, so 2.5 will still be using the old
v7.1 DWF Toolkit.

- Jackie